Saturday, March 12, 2005

Soul Train

The soul train awards just went off thank god cause it was horrible. I don't know if it's me or what, it seems with each passing year the show gets worse. I don't know why I continue to watch it, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. Maybe I'm still holding onto what little hope I have for it to get better. You know now that I think about it the show isn't crap, it's the artists that's crap. If we continue to buy music from crap ass artist, then we will continue to get crap ass music. Someone really needs to pull the plug, and start over again. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Here's my little rundown on tonight's little gem:

  1. Ciara sucks as a singer, but is quite handy with dancing.
  2. The audience shouldn't have to sit in fold out chairs.
  3. A rap song about a fetus who doesn't want to be aborted by their teenage mom does not make for a great award show performance. I'm looking at you Nick Cannon.
  4. Just because Ciara had 2 1/2 hit songs last year. Shouldn't warrant a damn Entertainer Of The Year Award. As Lil Jon would say Whaaaaat.
  5. Usher's EGO knows no bounds.
  6. Dear Petey Pablo know matter what anyone tells you fur jackets and coats on men just aren't cool. They stop being cool when Sylvester Stallone wore one in Staying Alive.
  7. It was very nice for the cameraman to focus on the eventual winner of The Best Gospel Album. Before the envelope was ever opened. Gave me a chance to go to the bathroom.
  8. Ice Cube. Nuff said.
  9. The soul train dancers are horrible. It has been a long and I mean long running joke that the soul train dancers are in fact horrible dancers. And for some strange reason the women look like hookers and the men look like their pimps.
  10. Boyz ll Men are still together??? And still making records??
  11. Fantasia needs way better music producers working on her music then the one's she has now.
  12. Why is Nicole Ritchie here? Don't get me wrong, I love Nicole but really why. A little sidenote here(she is the best thing about The Simple Life not Paris Hilton).
  13. When Is our lord and savior going to get his own award??? So many artist owe their awards to him. Cause you know god has so much time in his busy schedule to help the less fortunate who haven't won. And the ones who did win continue to win.

Well let's see there's only on more left, and that's the MTV Movie Awards. That is until it starts up again with the MTV VMA's. And I like the glutton that I am will be watching.

Website of the week:http://www.newgrounds.com

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template